- Featured Article of the Issue – “Estimating Upper-Limb Impairment Level in Stroke Survivors using Wearable Inertial Sensors and a Minimally-Burdensome Motor Task” at the IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering (IEEE TNSRE), March, 2020 [Link].
- Prof. Ivan Lee received an R01 grant from NIH on “Acoustic Sensing-Based Wearable system for Monitoring Social Dysfunction in Schizophrenia.” This exciting project is a collaboration between UMass Amherst (Lee and Xiong) and Harvard Medical School (Holt and Coman), September, 2019. Media: Link1, Link2, Link3, Link4.
- Congratulations to Hee-Tae Jung for successfully defending his PhD thesis. Dr. Jung will continue his exciting journey with us as a postdoctoral researcher, August, 2019.
- Our on-going research project on the development of batteryless wearable sensors has been featured in a number of press releases: UMass Research Next [Link1] and MobiHealthNews [Link2].
- Cover Page Article of the Issue – “Remote Assessment of Cognitive Impairment Level based on Serious Mobile Game Performance” at the IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (J-BHI), May, 2019 [Link].
- Brandon Oubre receives an Honorable Mention from the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program, April, 2019 [Link].
- Incoming PhD student Juhyeon Lee received the UMass Amherst CICS Fellowship Award, March, 2019
- Armstrong Fund for Research – Prof. Ivan Lee receives a grant award from the Armstrong Fund for developing a batteryless wearable platform, March, 2019 [Link1, Link2, Link3] .
- NIH Trailblazer Award for Early Career Investigators – Prof. Ivan Lee receives an R21 grant award from NIH NIBIB for developing a wearable system to longitudinally monitor joint function in patients with knee OA, September, 2018 [Link1, Link2]
- NSF CRII Award for Early Career Investigators – Prof. Ivan Lee received a Smart and Connected Health Research Grant Award for developing methods to monitor 3D upper-limb movement by leveraging motor control theories, July, 2018.
- Prof. Ivan Lee has been elected as an Associated Member of the Technical Committee on Wearable Biomedical Sensors and System at IEEE Biomedical Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS).
- Neev Kiran receives the 2018 STEM Diversity Fellowship from the College of Information and Computer Sciences, UMass Amherst, April, 2018.
- Xin Liu received the 21st Century Leaders Award at 2018 UMass Amherst Commencement, a campus-wide award given to only handful of outstanding seniors who are graduating [Link].
- Xin Liu received the 2018 Outstanding Undergraduate Achievement Awards from the UMass Amherst College of Information and Computer Sciences (CICS), April, 2018.
- Hee-Tae Jung received a NSF Student Travel Award to attend the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics, and Body Sensor Networks (IEEE BHI/BSN’18), Las Vegas, March, 2018.
- Youngkyun Lee received the Commonwealth Honors College Research Assistant Fellowship, UMass Amherst, 2018.
- Xin Liu received the UMass Rising Researcher Award – the most prestigious award given to a handful of undergraduate students across campus, UMass Amherst, Nov, 2017 [Link1, Link2].
- Brandon Oubre received the 2017 Graduate School Fellowship from the College of Information and Computer Sciences, UMass Amherst, Sept, 2017.
- Xin Liu received the Commonwealth Honors College Research Assistant Fellowship, UMass Amherst, 2017
- Xin Liu received a NSF Student Travel Award to attend the 2nd IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems, and Engineering Technologies (IEEE/ACM CHASE 2017), Philadelphia, July, 2017
- Cover Page Article of the Issue, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, March 2014
- Finalist – “funRehab: A Mobile Rehabilitation Gaming System,” UCLA Business of Science Center Venture Competition, June 2012
- Best Demo Award, ACM MobiSys, June 2012
- Best Demo Honorable Mention, IEEE SECON, June 2012
Mobile & Personalized Health
Research and develop innovative sensors, informatic methods, and systems
towards proactive, evidence-based, and personalized care system.
NEWS & UPDATES
Latest News From Our Lab