- NIH Trailblazer Award for Early Career Investigators – Prof. Ivan Lee receives an R21 grant award from NIH NIBIB for developing a wearable system to longitudinally monitor joint function in patients with knee OA.
- NSF CRII Award for Early Career Investigators – Prof. Ivan Lee received a Smart and Connected Health Research Grant Award for developing methods to monitor 3D upper-limb movement by leveraging motor control theories, July, 2018.
- Mohmood Jasim received the 2018 Professor Victor Lesser Scholarship from the College of Information and Computer Sciences, UMass Amherst, July, 2018.
- Prof. Ivan Lee has been elected as an Associated Member of the Technical Committee on Wearable Biomedical Sensors and System at IEEE Biomedical Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS).
- Neev Kiran receives the 2018 STEM Diversity Fellowship from the College of Information and Computer Sciences, UMass Amherst, April, 2018.
- Xin Liu received the 21st Century Leaders Award at 2018 UMass Amherst Commencement, a campus-wide award given to only handful of outstanding seniors who are graduating.
- Xin Liu received the 2018 Outstanding Undergraduate Achievement Awards from the UMass Amherst College of Information and Computer Sciences (CICS), April, 2018.
- Hee-Tae Jung received a NSF Student Travel Award to attend the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics, and Body Sensor Networks (IEEE BHI/BSN’18), Las Vegas, March, 2018.
- Youngkyun Lee received the Commonwealth Honors College Research Assistant Fellowship, UMass Amherst, 2018.
- Xin Liu received the UMass Rising Researcher Award – the most prestigious award given to a handful of undergraduate students across campus, UMass Amherst, Nov, 2017.
- Brandon Oubre received the 2017 Graduate School Fellowship from the College of Information and Computer Sciences, UMass Amherst, Sept, 2017.
- Xin Liu received the Commonwealth Honors College Research Assistant Fellowship, UMass Amherst, 2017
- Xin Liu received a NSF Student Travel Award to attend the 2nd IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems, and Engineering Technologies (IEEE/ACM CHASE 2017), Philadelphia, July, 2017
- Featured Article of the Issue, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, March 2014
- Finalist – “funRehab: A Mobile Rehabilitation Gaming System,” UCLA Business of Science Center Venture Competition, June 0212
- Best Demo Award, ACM MobiSys, June 2012
- Best Demo Honorable Mention, IEEE SECON, June 2012
Mobile & Personalized Health
With a primary focus on evolution, our research interests lie in 1) designing and implementing novel sensors and remote monitoring systems that are motivated by practical medical needs, 2) constructing appropriate clinical trials, and 3) analyzing the obtained data to quantify patients’ conditions and validate the systems' clinical efficacy.
NEWS & UPDATES
Latest News From Our Lab